Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/106/123832/webspace/siteapps/WordPress-61955/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/frontend/schema/class-schema-utils.php on line 26

An unexpected treat

Food writer. Broadcaster. Blogger. Author. Marketing at Eight Degrees Brewing. Secretary of the Irish Food Writers' Guild, founder of Irish Food Bloggers Association and co-author of Sláinte: The Complete Guide to Irish Craft Beer & Cider (New Island).

1. Barbara says:

I love the way the French do yoghurt in little glass pots. Whenever I holiday in France I have a stack of empty ones ready to pack to bring home and never enough room in my suitcase.

Being a bag lady at the moment, I’m developing a similar pile of empty pots that travels round from house to house with me! What do you use yours for, Barbara?

3. Barbara says:

If I ever managed to bring any home I would use them for serving any number of desserts – mousse, jellies, custards, home made yoghurt.

Well, if I ever manage to find a place to live, I’ll have some ideas! They are cute, aren’t they? Just the perfect size for a single helping!

5. plum says:

Mmmn, I’ll have to look out for those but I suspect that the jams are more likely here than the chilled desserts! But that sounds a whole lot better than my supermarket’s version, which is packed with gelatin, stablilizers and gums!

I was amazed to see that the ingredients didn’t include any of the nasties that you mentioned, Plum. I don’t know how easy they’ll be to find in Australia, though, I’ve only come across them in one supermarket chain in Ireland!

Working my way through a jar of their bitter orange marmalade at the moment…mmmmm….