A new place to cook

Food writer. Broadcaster. Blogger. Author. Married to Eight Degrees Brewing. Member of the Irish Food Writers’ Guild, founder of Irish Food Bloggers Association and co-author of Sláinte: The Complete Guide to Irish Craft Beer & Cider (New Island)

1. Neva says:

Congratulations to you both!!!!!

2. plum says:

Congratulations Caroline! It’s such an exciting (and exhausting) time, isn’t it?

3. Sinéad says:

Wow, that looks gorgeous! Wishing you & himself many happy, fruitful (sorry) years there.

4. Bron says:

Congratulations, sounds like lotsa of fun ahead!

5. barbara says:

That is so cute Caroline. Congratulations on the purchase. I think I’d want to move there for the entire week.

Thanks everybody – it really is a dream come true! That weekend – we just had one night in the cottage – was just scrubbing and cleaning. We were so exhausted that it really didn’t feel very real. But, just returned to Dublin after an extended four-day weekend there, it’s starting to feel very home-like. We’re getting the tour down to a fine art for all our visitors, not that it takes too long, given the size of the place…I also had a good chance to test out the surprisingly good oven over the few days, what with baking batches of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and having my Mother, sisters, little brother and Granny over for Sunday lunch. I don’t have to do too much cooking, though, with some tasty Irish Tea Brack arriving from my Mother on Friday and my Environmental Scientist cousin turning up with a trayful of yummy Millionaire Squares yesterday. No one needs to go home hungry from the cottage!