For those of you who are, like me, without television – or simply without Irish television – you can watch Trish Deseine‘s first programme, Trish’s Paris Kitchen, online from the RTÉ website. Although the first show includes lunchtime cooking classes at L’Atelier des Chefs, a visit to Clotilde’s favourite cookware store, E. Dehillerin, and several recipes, it never quite lifts off and is curiously flat. In the meantime – I’ve been resisting temptation for way too long! – I’ve Trish’s chocolate cookbook on order. I think it was the thought of these Oatmeal and Dark Chocolate Cookies…or maybe it was the Gâteau au chocolat fondant de Nathalie?
Recipes & updates via email
No recent comment found.
Bibliocook on Instagram
- Green & gold: roast squash, blood orange, spinach to accompany buttered miso haddock and brown rice. #bigsalad #bloodorange
- Steamed milk fluffies & shortbread cookies at Alchemy Cafe, Richmond. Smallies loved getting their own version of a #FlatWhite when we were in NZ. The Small Girl's pirate queen came along for the trip that day. #latergram #nzlife #IrelandtoNZ #lottiedoll
- Why wait until #ShroveTuesday for pancakes? This Buckwheat Pancake Cake with Leeks and Mushrooms makes a perfect Sunday lunch. You could call it Gâteau de Galettes avec Poireaux aux Champignons to take things a little more upmarket ;) Inspired by a Julia Child recipe from Mastering the Art of French Cooking #weekendfood (apologies for the old photo - dates back to 2010 when I clearly wasn't concentrating on my food photography!) RECIPE via link on profile.
- Making that Irish Stout Gingerbread. No end of help. Took me ages to get rid of the lumps that the Small Girl mixed into the #gingerbread batter 😂#bakingwithkids
- Irish stout gingerbread with citrus glaze. Because some days you just need gingerbread. And, while we're thinking #beerandfood, make sure you check out the @alltechbrews festival, from this evening at 5pm at the Convention Centre, #Dublin #alltechbrews #beerfest
- Film night popcorn: popped in @vitacocoie coconut oil, tossed with butter, @highbankorchards apple syrup & @seaofvitality milled dillisk. It didn't last long. Thanks to @vitacocoie for the product sample. #coconutoil #popcorn #seaweed #applesyrup