New cookbooks: Willie’s Chocolate Factory Cookbook and Laurie Colwin’s Home Cooking

1. Elke says:

Hi Caroline,I didn’t evn know you were expecting. Congratulations. And I loved the Granny post. Good luck with little Missy. Can’t wait to read about her food adventures to come :-)Elke

Little Missy’s food adventures are limited at the moment although she did get to taste a little bit of iceberg lettuce while I was feeding her in the back of the car recently! I was wondering why she seemed to be chewing rather than sucking, the mystery revealed when she (the child has good taste) spat out a little piece of unpalatable greenness which had fallen from a rather nasty sandwich eaten over her head. I think it could be safely said that neither of us enjoyed our lunches that day!

3. gillian says:

A new arrival – beautiful. Oh I bet that chocolate book is one to drool over! Enjoy cooking from it when you get the time 😉 I got a Baby Bjorn for HoneyB and we cooked lots when I was on maternity leave. I am sure Little Missy will appreciate any chocolate that makes its way to her mouth!Can I ask, are all the recipes calling for 100% chocolate? I bought some of his 100% chocolate but it was €8.50 for 180g.

The Husband keeps telling me I should write a cookbook on one-handed cooking as there’s a lot done in the kitchen with Little Missy on the shoulder! Must try the sling and see how she goes, that’s a really good idea.All Willie’s recipes do call for the 100% bar but he does give instructions for using lower percentages. What did you use your 100% bar for?

5. gillian says:

Thanks for details Caroline. I must pick up a copy sooooon.I used my 100% for hot chocolate ala willy … just grated chocolate, water and sugar. Hmmm yum.

6. Amanda says:

Hi Caroline, I stumbled upon this book in bookstore the other day and was sooooo tempted to buy it – how is it? I’ve never seen the program so I’m not really familiar with the author. ps. Congrats on little missy!! xo