A few blueberries: Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

1. The Kitchen Dresser says:

That muffin looks yummy! Making me hungy…Where is the recipe??

2. Amanda says:

Blueberries are my absolute favorite fruit. I miss them terribly from my summers in the States! Maybe I’ll have to grow some of my own next year. These muffins look great!

Sorry about that – entry now updated with the recipe I use. Even plain, those Oatmeal Muffins are a perfect for weekend mornings, especially when we have guests staying. They only take a few minutes to throw together, even with Little Missy tucked under my arm!You should definitely get a blueberry bush, Amanda. It’s so nice to be able to go out and pick your own! Because they like acidic soil so much, they’re the perfect soft fruit for growing in pots as well. Makes it easy for city living.

4. Lucy says:

I’ve just made these, but with frozen raspberries because I had no blueberries. They are utterly delcious, what a yummy recipe! Thank you so much for sharing 🙂

5. somesaycocoa says:

Just made these today with raspberries and, just cause it was there, white chocolate. It is a keeper. They did not rise too much but they are tasty. And got 12 muffins + 5 fairy cakes outta the mixture 🙂

It’s good to hear about the raspberry experiments! I really like the idea of adding white chocolate too – how to make something very naughty out of a rather virtuous recipe.Seeing as the fruit addition was so successful, I think I might try chopped up rhubarb the next time I make them. We just need more weekend guests to give me the excuse!