And then there were none

1. As we did ours on the bbq last year, we didn’t bother with the stuffing at all!

2. jack says:

still a month till christmas caroline. have u tried the deep fried turkey.

3. Lily says:

We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday here in Minnesota. As we were eating … turkey … a flock of wild turkey, (about ten), came into the snow-covered field beside the farmhouse. (I’d never seen wild turkey before).Maybe they were just looking for their lost distant cousin!!! 🙂

4. Lucy says:

Chesnuts or prunes are always a nice addition to stuffing – though I don’t know how sausage meat and chesnuts would work together?

@Margaret in our house it’s not a turkey until it’s stuffed! There was no way I was getting out of that one.@Jack nope! Where on earth would you get your hands on a deep fried turkey?

@Lily hope you hid the plates!

@Lucy I tried the combination and the answer is yum, yum, yum

6. Tom OKeeffe says:

love the stories.Cant wait to hear about christmas dinner.Are you making Nanas sausage meat pie?

After trialling them for Thanksgiving, this year I’m cooking Sausagemeat and Chestnut Stuffing Balls – easy to make ahead of time and just YUMMY with the turkey, especially for the leftover side of things.But I might just have to make Nana’s sausagemeat pie as well, now that you’ve reminded me of it…