Underground dining: Crackbird, Dublin

1. I am very intrigued by CrackBird, may have to get myself there! I haven’t had fried chicken since moving to Ireland…

• Caroline says:

I’d be really interested to know what you think, Clare. It’s my idea of an American fried chicken joint – but I’ve never been to one! Make sure you get the burnt lemon and whipped feta dip. That’s almost worth a visit alone and may have to be experimented on in my own kitchen,

2. Kristin says:

Love how you went to a cool pop-up restaurant “post-gallery launch and pre-bookclub dinner”! I’m hoping to make it down there myself.

3. Catherine says:

Sounds fab! I’m reminded that I’ve inherited my Dad’s corny sense of humour when the first thing I thought of when reading “balked at a whole skillet fried chicken…..” was to read it as chicken noises “bwak,bwak,bwak…..”.Sad,but true 🙂

4. Claire says:

Is the chicken free range? If it is, I’ll definitely eat there!

5. Dee says:

Does anyone know if theres any underground dining in cork yet or any pop-up restaurants?

• Caroline says:

I haven’t heard of any, Dee. I’d be very interested in hearing about any that are out there! I know that Lilly Higgins, who runs the Loaves and Fishes Supper Club, is based in Cork but her venue is in Dublin.