Ten years on – and eating around Cork: The Castle, L’Atitude 51° and Gort na Nain

1. Joanne says:

Absolutely love your story about your Kiwi man. I think that you’ve both had amazing success (through hard work!) and I wish you even more for the future.

• Caroline says:

You’re right about the hard work, Joanne. 2011 had plenty of that but we’ve come out at the end with the Small Girl, more space at the cottage for us all – and a brewery. Phew! Not a bad result all round.

2. I can’t believe we already have 2012. Somehow I still think is 2000. It seems like you had good 10 years, I hope the next 10 years will be even better.

• Caroline says:

It gave me a bit of a shock when I realised that we were together 10 years! Time flies when you’re spending time in NZ/getting married/moving from the big smoke/getting stuck into cottage life/going to Ballymaloe/having two kids/setting up a brewery. Phew…hope the next 10 years aren’t quite so madly busy.

3. Mary Littlefoot says:

Aw I remember it like it was yesterday! Reading it again brought a tear to my eye. Very sweet post. Happy anniversary you guys! Xx

• Caroline says:

And weren’t you there on the walks to work when the story all started? You heard plenty about the Kiwi! Glad to see that you still remember your Indian name too. Caroline Wronghead

4. What a lovely story, full of romantic (and foodie) memories!

5. Catherine says:

Ahhh, the romance!

Looks like I’ll have to pay another visit to Cork city very soon, too – great to see the Lobby/Cruibin space in use again.

• Caroline says:

At least the fact that it was NYE makes it easy to remember!

It’s lovely to have the Lobby/Cruibin corner being used again. L’Atitude 51° is a very chilled out spot and, when I was in there, I saw some lovely looking leek soup being eaten. Worth checking out for lunch sometime soon.

6. Caroline! We went to the Blackrock Castle Observatory this weekend for the first time and afterwards nipped into the Castle Cafe which looks lovely for dinner as well….really lovely, warm ambience!! Even spied a case of 8 Degrees sitting on a chair. Looking forward to returning. Happy New Year to you all! xx

• Caroline says:

It seems to draw lots of people in. Bumped into one of my former Urru Mallow customers there – food-lovers always gravitate to something good! May 2012 be good to you, Imen. Lots of fun in store!

7. Lovely memories for you both! Here’s to the next 10!

Happy New Year to you both and the girls!

M

• Caroline says:

If we managed to survived the last year, I think we’ll be able for anything. Will be interesting to look back in 2022!

8. Catherine says:

This post has the tingle factor. Amor omnia vincit…love conquers everything.

What ever you’re doing right, keep doing it!

9. Martin says:

Just missed you again! We had lunch in the Castle on Saturday ! And I had the fish and chips, best cod ever,