Cookies from the Ard Bia Cookbook by Aoibheann Mac Namara and Aoife Carrigy

1. Kristin says:

Were you reading my mind when you wrote this? Our write-ups are eerily similar! I also name checked the rose salt and Patrick’s burgers. Great minds and all that, right? Or at least just the same taste in food. 😉

I didn’t realise you had a review to go live today as well! This was supposed to go up earlier in the week but it just didn’t happen. I’d definitely recommend the dahl as well. Loved the flavours.

3. anne murphy says:

i made Niamhs Mam’s chicken carrot and sweet potato stew the i found the receipt in the EBS magazine the picture of the stew in the magizine looks light brown in coloue, my stew turned out orange in colour
    i followed the receipt exactly
    can you tell me what went wrong, as my stew looks disgusting while the stew in the magazine looks delicious,
    anne

• Caroline says:

The best thing to do, Anne, is to get in contact directly with Ard Bia – their email address is ardbia@gmail.com. Hopefully, despite what it looked like, it tasted good. The things I cook never look like the pictures in books either!

4. Ellen Townson says:

My copy just arrived by post and I can hardly wait to put my little man to bed tonight and glue myself to the pages. I took a quick flip through, and it seems the flavor combinations are amazing!Thanks for your post- I might never have found this book otherwise on my side of the pond. 🙂

• Caroline says:

Hope you enjoyed reading it. The spicing in the Masoor Dahl (p84) isn’t too much for smallies and can be ramped up for those older members of the family who appreciate chillis!