The big reveal…it’s a book!

Beering it up at EP 2012

Getting my brew bake on at EP 2012

Those of you who stop by here on a regular basis may have noticed a somewhat, shall we say, beery note to Bibliocook proceedings in the last few years.

I blame New Zealand.

After all, if I hadn’t lived there, it might have been a very long time before I realised just how good beer and food can be together.

Or, if the Husband hadn’t been from NZ and had a yearning for the beer of his homeland, maybe he wouldn’t have started brewing his own.

After all, homebrewing can lead you in very strange directions. One direction I really didn’t expect, as I negotiated my way through the mess in the kitchen, was that the Husband and the Aussie would go into business together and set up their own brewery.

Nor did I expect it to be so much fun.  I suddenly had an almost unlimited (unless it was the first batch of Amber-Ella) supply of a new ingredient on my hands to play with, a whole new world of brewers and cider makers to meet and lots to learn about being a small producer in a world of multinational brewers.

From Galway Hooker to Trouble Brewing in Kildare, Cork’s Stonewell Cider  and Metalman in Waterford, it’s becoming easier to find something good – something Irish – to drink in your local bar, restaurant or off licence. There’s an exceptional amount of quality Irish beverages being produced throughout Ireland and we – the fabulous Kristin of Edible Ireland and I – want to tell you all about it!

We’re so excited to finally be able to let you know that our guide to Irish craft beer and cider will be published this autumn by New Island, under the steady hand of editor Eoin Purcell.

And now back to work…

1. Congratulations guys!! What a great topic for a book!! Can’t wait till I can get a copy! 🙂

• Caroline Caroline says:

Yourself and Alan were there – dragged along, working! – at my first ever proper beer and food demo. We’ve come a long way, Lily!

2. Joanne says:

Congratulations Caroline! Looking forward to seeing the end product!!

3. Chris murray says:

Congratuations Caroline….I wish I had set up a brewery years ago! Any Indian pale ale..?! Best wishes, Chris and claudia

• Caroline Caroline says:

You always did have good form on the beer side of things, Chris. Some good IPAs being made in Ireland at the moment. O’Hara’s double IPA is a thing of hoppy beauty, I’m hearing great things about Galway Bay Brewery’s Of Foam And Fury Double IPA and Eight Degrees has a punchy Zeus black IPA out at the moment as well.

4. Congratulations to you both. Incredibly exciting times ahead. Best of luck!

• Caroline Caroline says:

Looks like 2014 is going to be an exciting year for us both! Thanks Caitriona. Looking forward to seeing Wholesome on the shelves.

5. Congratulations, Caroline! I look forward to drinking my way through it!

6. Great news and great subject matter for a book, best of luck with it. Patrick Ryan of Bread Revolution is a friend he’s done a fantastic job with promotion he might be worth chatting with.

• Caroline Caroline says:

Rob, I didn’t realise that you knew Patrick! I’ve been to his island bakery and regularly meet him at different food events – hoping to drag him along to this year’s Ballymaloe Litfest in May but he’s saying something about a significant birthday that weekend…

7. Anna Downes says:

Brilliant news – delighted for you guys and for us, the readers!

8. Susan says:

Woo hoo! Caroline wonderful news – I wonder how long we’ll have to wait for your cookbook 😉

9. Huge congratulations Caroline and Kristin! I know I will definitely be purchasing a copy for my house!

• Caroline Caroline says:

That’s lovely to hear, Adrienne. That was a lovely night when we last broke bread – and had a little beer! -together.

10. Martin says:

No better woman, Bon Courage.